Moving heat help????

recently installed a pellet stove in my house. I was wondering how to move some of the heat to the 2nd floor. I do have ceiling fans in both of the rooms downstairs where the stove is. Stove is in living room...next to living room is dining room and that has a ceiling fan and that is where the stairs to the 2nd floor is. Any help?... WOuld cutting vent holes in the ceiling above stove help? Thanks!
<< WOuld cutting vent holes in the ceiling above stove help? >>
Used to be done that way with gravity hot air furnaces years ago. Look up a building material salvager in your locale and see if any of the old hot air floor and ceiling grills are available, and do your heat register opening based on the what you find. Good luck.
Joe
Tom wrote:

That's how they used to do it. With decorative cast iron grates over the holes that could be walked on. I don't know if you can do that anymore without violating some kind of building code.