Mounting a bracket on a brick wall

I got the lead jobbies for some masonary project maybe 20 years ago and for the life of me I can not remember what. I have matching lag bolts that could be SS but I'll bet they are not. I was really hoping to finally do a project that didn't involve even ONE trip to Home Depot. Oh well.

I think the tapcons will hold, especially if I drill an extra set of holes. If it ends up I have to go to the depot, I will consider SS screws/lag bolts/whatever. Can't tell for sure what I will use until the bracket arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

Very few Polish people hereabouts. Even my wife is only 1/4 Pole and now that I am a little worried she might someday see this, I'll keep the joke about what quarter and why to myself.
In this neighborhood its only Hispanics that hustle for work. Some good, some not so good, mostly so-so.

You are violating my tried and true principal of "one thing at a time!" I have plenty of low-down (pun intended) mortar joints to practice on if I feel so inclined. Getting some test mortar is enough of a reason to go to HD to get the SS screws. Now I remember - I have stainless machine screws but nothing for anchors. Just the normal zinc plated stuff.

speaks

but

If I had the time I would relate one truly disasterous experience doing things that way. Every once in a while, a second story guy poses as a workman to get a close up view of the place and possible points of entry.
SH
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:31:54 -0400, "Sherlock.Homes"

Unless the bracket is made of kryptonite, you can probably drill through it.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:36:17 -0400, "Sherlock.Homes"

It depends on whether the universe is hyperbolic or not. Or at least whether your house is.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:34:52 -0400, "Sherlock.Homes"

I love it when Amazon gives the dimensions of the box, but not the item.

heard of

need

opening

That's good to know. Wife's health crisis delayed the project for a while, sorry to say. The bracket that CRNG located for me arrived and the camera fits exactly (the mount even came with SS bolts and nuts for the camera arm - a real bonus!) but the two of the four holes for the walls do not line up with the mortar.
I will thus be drilling two holes that will align with the mortar since that seems to be the easiest course of action. When I get the time, I will experiment with brick drilling since I have a hammer drill (or so the label says) and a set of HF masonary bits. There may come a time when that's the only solution. Thanks for the input.
SH

says

like

While this particular item came from Ebay I agree that Amazon is not the best when it comes to detailed descriptions or useful photographs. For that reason, I now scan through all the comments/reviews when buying something where dimensions are critical.
I've had more than one occasion where they gave the unit measurements - a microwave that had to fit in a specific opening - and they were wrong. Even though I sent them a note (as did others, as of today they are STILL listing the wrong size - way too big). To their credit they took it back and paid the return shipping but wouldn't it make more business sense to just correct the listing?
Latest peeve - looking for an HD media player. You'd be surprised at how many items have a half a dozen pictures or more - top view, side view, photo of the shipping box but NOTHING showing the keys on the remote. The one that did have a good closeup photo showed the keys labeled in Chinese!!!!
SH

are

accordingly.

Appears to be made out of cast rodinium - The hardest substance known to Federation science.
http://www.google.com/search?q st+rodinium
I am looking for used Romulan Warbird on Ebay to make it drillable. :-)
SH