Misleading TV Ads

Page 2 of 2
micky wrote the following on 10/14/2012 9:31 PM (ET):

They never say they were cured, just that they got good care.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:56:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

This was supposed to be in reply to thebad neighbour post.

Used to be but after a year or two they put someone on who said she was cured. It was probably a fluke or a coincidence. I don't understand why I don't find them along with scam in a google search. Maytbe the spouses are all too old and depressed after wasting thousands on snake oil.

There's a countertop display of these at my local industrial tool store. I'd buy one, but it uses some non-standard batteries. No reason I can see for not using AA or AAA. Can't remember exactly, but maybe it was a coin-cell stack. No way I'd buy one given that idiocy.

Takes four LR44 batteries. They are readily available for $1 each. I'm not sure why that is idiocy though.

Reason 1 why it's idiocy:
I keep AAs, AAAs, D-cells, C-cells, and 9-volts in stock. I ain't adding to that just to power one gadget.
Reason 2 why it's idiocy:
mAh
On 10/14/2012 5:27 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Thats the same conclusion I had after seeing that commercial. It states the unit as shipped gives "100,000 hours of reliable light". Making me wonder what sort of battery technology they were using.
An honest commercial might tout "the "bulb" in our "miracle light" lasts for up to 100,000 hrs."
On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 17:27:05 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

Anyone who believes ANY Tv commercials is an idiot!
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:38:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@120.com wrote:

Anyone who makes absolute statements...