How much a clothes dryer cost to use?

Is it just my browser or has Google hijacked the web page?

The Google ad covers the chart that shows the information and I see no way to close it.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Worked fine for me. FF 3.whatever, with ad-blocker. You don't have that silly-ass Google Toolbar running, do you?

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Interesting. In one place they say a gas dryer is $.02 per load cheaper than electric. Then lower down, they say buy a gas dryer because it saves $.06 per load. Proofread anyone?

Reply to
Bob F

Could the .06 figure be the per load difference on a strictly load to load energy usage comparison while the .02 difference includes the original cost of the dryers in the calculation?

The last time I checked, gas dryers were more expensive, so if you factor in the cost difference over the life of the units, the savings per load would be less than with just a "energy used" per load calculation.

I'm just guessing...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Green clothesline air drying is way cheaper per load. Of course, here is Colorado during the winter, You pay extra to defrost your clothes after they dry outdoors....

Reply to
rlz

I am using FF with no Google toolbar. I was using Google to find the page. That is interesting.....I can click on the link I posted and I get no ads.

If you search for "dryer costs" and follow the link, Google is posting smart ads on the page.

Guess it is time to use another search engine.

It is a shame too. Google started out doing things right, and has "improved" itself right into the toilet.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Still worked fine for me. Recommend downloading and installing the AdBlocker+ extension for FF. I love it. Barely see any ads at all. And no frigging pop-up and pop-over ads, which used to make me crazy on newspaper sites.

(of course, if we ALL block ads, people will quit buying ad space, and a lot of these free sites will have to go to a pay-for-access business model. But I'll worry about that when it happens.)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Works with my FF too.

BTW Does Mr. Electricity =3D Tiny Tim?

DerbyDad03

Depends on the cost of gas at the time. It has been more expensive to use gas.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Wor[Google]ked fi[Google]ne for m[Google]e. I h[Google]ave simpl[Google]y n[Google]o pro[Google]blems w[Google]ith G[Google]oogle inte[Google]rfering wi[Google]th an[Google]ything I d[Google]o. Per[Google]haps ther[Google]e is so[Google]mething wr[Google]ong, l[Google]ike ma[Google]ybe de[Google]lete y[Google]our co[Google]okies?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LMAO

Reply to
Oren

I didn't sign up for this, but some how this seems to be enabled on my computer

Now with a little help from Google, I will have to figure out how to get rid of the crap.

Reply to
Metspitzer

If exist error level "1"

Go to:

Add remove programs

If exist Google Trash

EXIT

.. no wait.

A program jumped onto your computer?!

Reply to
Oren

"I get rid of google crap with a little help from my friends" Lennon and McCartney, 2010. Abby Road Records.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you expand your browser window to full screen in width (may have to disable "Favorites"), you can see the whole thing.

The problem is, at least partially, poor page design.

Reply to
HeyBub

Are you talking about the google ad on the left hand side? If I shrink my Internet Explorer window enough the google ad covers the left side of the table. How wide is your screen and/or what resolution is it set to?

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Isn't FF great! Sometimes I actually forget that some people still see pop up adds. It's been so long since I've seen them I forget what a pain in the ass pop up ads can be.

Reply to
Tony

The simple way to be rid of the crap is

Pete C.

Try

and see if you can get rid of the Netflix and the two or three other pop ups. That site is really bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have the silly-ass Google toolbar running and the page looks fine to me in IE8something. [there are still Google smart ads running-- but that's because the page owner is getting paid by Google to put them there.]

I still get the ads clicking on the link-- but they are unobtrusive along the right hand margin.

Page looks the same to me whether I follow your link or a Google search result link.

I just tried the page through Yahoo- it took 20 seconds instead of

3-- and the page looks exactly the same. Those ads are part of the page-- and have nothing to do with how you get there.

I think they've just gotten big enough that it is fashionable to blame them for everything. They aren't perfect but as businesses go you could do much worse.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht