Miracle way to unplug sink disposal

I thought I'd share my fantastic trick to unplug a sink disposal. I mean a really bad one where you can't just spin ice or fill the sink with hot soapy water overnight or use a toilet plunger (when a dishwasher airlock is there to break the suction). And you don't want the mess of disassembling plumbing which may not be that simple due to old style pipes, and of course you don't want to call a plumber (last one charged me quintuple of what's fair and stole some of my supplies).
The trick is a wine cork. Stick it into the dishwasher drain hole in the sinkerator, whittling it down if needed. I did it from the inside to avoid any messy disassembly, with my fingers just clear of the chopper blades - you can do as you like. Now partially fill the sink and pump with a toilet plunger and voila! Remove the cork and say thank you Sir Dumbstruck! I hope some of you will be joining me at the ceremonies to give me the Nobel prize in amateur plumbing.
P.S. the root cause of this was insufficient water flow while using the disposal due to a cheapo one handled faucet rebuild kit. I got a plastic ball to replace the metal one and worried about it's floppy guide peg. Sure enough it went loose and made it hard to turn water all the way off or on. Gotta find the old metal ball and refit...

Dunno if that was a serious reply, but a collard green as never been in my home....and I've never had a stopped up garbage disposal.

Born and raised in the south, and I KNOW what CG are....it's mostly black folk that eat them.
Ron wrote:

My grandfather used to say: "You don't have to be colored to like watermelon."
I suppose the same might be true for collard greens and similar.
My view is that these plants are not food. They are what food eats.

For all the negative comments about collard greens, they are an amazingly healthful food. Even better for you than Swiss chard (beet family), spinach or kale.
A very inexpensive way augment ones diet.
from the Brassica oleracea (Acephala Group), related to cabbage and broccoli.
The key to eating & enjoying all these "greens" is to harvest the leaves before then develop to full size, this increases tenderness & reduces bitterness.
Kale can be pretty nasty if not picked or prepared properly.
cheers Bob

Georgia.
Do you also eat pickled pigs feet? What about pickled hard boiled eggs?

Not that I know of.

Ugggggg.....both are damn nasty, to me anyway.
Ron wrote:

Well, there you are.