sink disposal installation

I have to put in a new sink disposal in my kitchen sink. The drain pipe coming out of the wall is copper. Can I cut the exsisting brass trap out and replace it with a PVC trap and attach it to the copper wall drain pipe. The wall drain pipe also has a threaded brass ring that I would cut off to accommodate the PVC trap. I dont know whether it is acceptable to combine PVC and copper or does it have to be brass and copper. Thanks Dave G

Reply to
Dave G

You can mix and match any materials as long as they are approved locally (if that matters). Don't cut the threaded ring off till you are sure you won't need it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim