MILLIVOLT generator

Anyone know of a brand of 750 MILLIVOLT generator that actually puts out 750 millivolts instead of 583 millivolts like the "Made in Mexico" ones I keep finding so that I don't have to keep going back and replacing it as often, and, no, it's got nothing to do with the pilot flame strength or direction, I checked?

A millivolt is a thousandth of a volt. Are you sure of your numbers? If yes, you can probably design your own generator using hamster toys and some cheap parts from Radio Shack.

www.transcat.com. They are not cheap.
Is that 583 MV open circuit? What brand are you using now? I haven't messed much with MV systems in more years than I'd lke to admit. We quit working on wall furnaces about 8-9 years ago, and floor furnaces before that. Back when we worked with them, we used General Controls PG9. They were rated at 750. I don't remember checking the actual output, but don't recall ever having a problem with them. I am looking in a Johnstone catalog right now (last year's tho). They have them and several others, though the PG9 is the only one that is the complete assembly. The others are generator cartridges that must be installed in the pilot burner. What exactly are you working on and what is it doing? I remember a lot of floor furnaces and a few wall heaters that originally had PG1's (250 MV). I would think nearly 600MV would be adequate for most any MV system. What kind of GV you got? Larry
lp13-30 wrote:

Good luck. General Controls stopped some years back. You're stuck with Honeywell or White Rogers replacements. And those replacements are 500 mv generators. Sorry.
--
Zyp