Some closeups reveal detais on how it is mounted. Basically everything where there is a tearing sort of stress, is bolted.
The generator runs great, although it is missing the shutoff switch. I switch it off by hand by pressing on the fuel shutoff lever. I ordered a new solenoid from an FW Murphy dealer and hope to get one on Monday and screw around with it. The pleasant surprise is that, even in its current shape, it is basically not very loud, not louder than my snowblower. I will run both tomorrow and compare to know for sure.
So, with some extra soundproofing, I may end up with something nice finally.
When it runs, the top platform vibrates a lot, the bottom one vibrates a lot less. I plan on having it lifted off the ground a bit, like on blocks, for the final installation. I can move it about and turn it by lifting one side. Thanks to all my deadlift exercises.
I will give the genset a good load test tomorrow and will build the electrical panel.