Metal Angle to provide continuous drywall support....

Hello, Local building code requires that I have continuous support for the ends of the drywall sheets for the ceiling. I have some places, due to gas piping, where I can't put wood blocking. The building inspector said there was some sort of metal angle I could install that would provide the continuous support required. He called it floor stripping or something like. Has anyone heard of this and know a better trade name I can use to location this product, Home Depot had no idea what I was talking about.
TIA!

Then go to a real lumber yard. HD is the last place I'd go for advice or a special item.

Not an good idea to have gas lines that close to the surface. There are plates, but they are for protecting pipes and wires. I have never seen a metal plate that was used to support drywall.
try Simson Strong Tie for plates
At my home depot they have a metal angle that you describe in the same section as the metal studs.

NCW wrote:

He may be talking about angle or tee let-in wall brace. I have used it for this application a few times. You must use drywall screws to fasten the drywall to it. Here is one such animal:
http://www.tamlyn.com/other/wallbrace.html
Scroll down to the tee brace.
--
Robert Allison