McCulloch Cain Saw Won't Start

I have a McCulloch Timber Bear Chain Saw model 60013414 for about 10 years or so and while letting it idle so I can gather some wood the saw stopped and has not started since. Checked the spark plug and it fires so I am assuming it's a gas related problem?? This chainsaw requires a fuel/oil mixture although not sure what the ratio is so I have been using 32:1 when I could and sometimes ran it with straight gas (no oil) and never had a problem until now.
What would be the steps in repairing this saw? Any help would be appreciated. I hope I have not killed this saw since it has been running beautifully for the longest time.
Tom Christeas wrote:

Rebuild the carburetor. Check the air filter too.
-- dadiOH _____________________________
I once bought a big MAC weedeater for five bucks at a garage sale. The guy couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. It had spark, clean fuel and carb, clean air filter, etc. It took me a while to solve it also. The muffler was clogged up! It couldn't "exhaust".
Cleaned out the muffler and it runs like a charm. When all else fails, try that with yours.
On 7 Sep 2004 20:30:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Tom Christeas) wrote:

I thought that only happened with Poulan Chain saws..........
I'm of the opinion that after 10 years of good service it probably just needs a good going through and cleaning.
Your McSaw will be fine.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
MUADIB wrote:

On 7 Sep 2004 20:30:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Tom Christeas) wrote:

I have a Mac saw and a while back that just died and wouldn't go no matter what. Messed with everything, no luck. In the end it turned out that the fuel pipe had fallen off inside. Pump the gas bulb a whole bunch and see if it leaks after a while.
Nick..

is this a trick question?? you used it with straight gas more than once. it's now a piece of crap!! pull the muffler off and look into the cylinder, i bet it's got a lot of nice score marks up and down the exhaust side. Chip
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Tom Christeas) wrote in message

Pitch the saw or add it to your boat anchor. Running one on straight gass is a sure route to the grave for it.
Harry K