Maytag side-by-side dripping water

I have a Maytag Refrigerator (model MSD2757AEB) that has started dripping water today. I thought it might be the ice maker fill hose but I've turned that off at the wall and it is still dripping. My next thought is the defrosting. I pulled the shelves and there is a layer of ice in the freezer against the back wall on a pice that appears to be removable via some screws at the top. There are some sorts of slots in the piece that have lots of ice. It does look like the slots still breathe though. Both sides seem to work fine. I am sure that ice is a sign of something but not sure what. Unfortunately it is dripping onto wood, so I am trying to keep it dry until I can figure out how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Could be a few things You can find some diagnostic help at www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com
Evaporator fan, defrost heater or timer, etc.

Thanks, some more info, when I got up this morning, the refrigerator does not seem cold. So I guess it its time to pop off the freezer cover and take a look inside.

even seem to have a screw to activate it. How do I go forward, or is it time to call somebody and have a heater coil and defrost controller in hand.

Sounds like a frozen evaporator coil. You can remove the cover, let it defrost and it will buy you a few days until it freezes again. If the fan works, then it is probably the defrost system. If the fan does not work, I'd replace that first.

Or take the mouse out of it. :)