Maytag Gemini Electric Stove (Model #: MER6770AAW)

Hi, I need to install a new glass-ceramic main top for a Maytag Gemini electric stove. The model # is MER6770AAW and the part # is 74003790

Is this going to be easy or difficult?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

-Wayne

Here is what the part looks like:

Wayne Ma

Hi, I need to install a new glass-ceramic main top for a Maytag Gemini electric stove. The model # is MER6770AAW and the part # is 74003790

Is this going to be easy or difficult?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

-Wayne

Here is what the part looks like:

Wayne Ma

Hi,

Both....power off, removing the top is fairly easy, check for a couple of screws near the front under the corners. The top will hinge up at the front and then forward. Look for a couple of male-female wire plugs to disconnect. Remove the entire top to a flat surface ( table ) to work on. Hard parts is to slowly transfer the elements/clips/bumpers/etc from the old top to the new top.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid