Masking tape removal from glass

I have some masking tape that has baked onto some glass over the summer. The tape is easy enogh to remove but the glue stays stuck!
What will remove the baked on glue without damaging the glass?
sPoNiX
A straight blade razor scraper

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:18:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@freeuk.com (sPoNiX) wrote:

    I have had good luck with the paint spill removers such as Goo Gone.
            Peter
WD40 works wonders for this.
>I have some masking tape that has baked onto some glass over the >summer. The tape is easy enogh to remove but the glue stays stuck! > >What will remove the baked on glue without damaging the glass? > >sPoNiX
Zippo lighter fluid, and a razor.

I wouldn't even use the lighter fluid. I'd think that would just make it gooey. A razor blade should work magic on old sticky stuff from masking tape.
Giselle

We use it all the time, after using tape to protect edges when using mastic....the glue wipes up like its not there.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:18:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@freeuk.com (sPoNiX) wrote:

Rub the area with a rag dampened with kerosene. Then clean with household ammonia or Windex.
Lighter fluid works if you can find any. --Bill