Making a curving brick paver sidewalk, can I use a basket weave pattern?

I am having a sidewalk put in with a gentle curve in it ( 90 degree turn completed over 30 feet). The pavers will be morted in a basket weave pattern. The mason is a little hesitant because of the curve involved. Am I asking for trouble here? Should I go with a running bond?

TIA Keith

Reply to
Keith

I've not done and professional brickwork, but i have done some pathmaking (driveway pullaround, informal yard paths.) so the mason you have might know something i do not about the matter.

has some nice patterns. I don't see why the basketweave shown wouldn't curve. Is that the one you wanted?

If you look in the 32" square patterns, the stacked bond variation looks like it would give you the leeway to create a curve. Just make sure the full lenght side to side joints are wider on the outside edge of the curve by whatever amount required.

My advice:

show the mason the variegated pattern and he'll probably think the curved basketweave will be a piece of cake... ;)

Ask the mason for alternatives and see if you like any of them.

My other advice is that if you hire are paying someone to do something, they should feel comfortable doing it. if they are not, perhaps you should look for a different person.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

It'll take some trial and testing to gte the basketweave to fit and not have little shards on some of the curves, but it's fine. Might cost you a premium in time. Normally around here, the basketweave is laid and then the curves situated, cutting the edge bricks and adjusting the curves as needed.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran