Oil stain removal from brick weave

I have a brick weave forecourt which has an oil stain caused by a badly-fitted drain plug on my car. I know from experience that the stain will fade and disappear over time but is there anything which can hasten the process or otherwise lessen the visual impact of the stain? I have previously tried so-called driveway cleaning products but I have not had much success.

TIA, Pete

Reply to
Mr Squiddy

I would expect paraffin to be able to do this. Failing that, maybe cellulose thinners (which I use for almost anything) would give it a good run for its money.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

at work we use a granule spill dry to soak up spilt engine oil up, similar to cat litter you could try treading some of that into the stain, we now & again give a handful to customers for the same reason you have.

Reply to
reg

I had sucess using biological wash powder. A liberal layer then slightly dampened & left for a couple of days before hosing off!

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey