Main Disconnect needed for electrical panel?

My understanding is that the NEC has, or is going to reduce the number to two main disconnects

Reply to
RBM

Current inflation is about 2.36% (50% less than in 2000)

Wage growth is 2.4% (latest figures), this is below the inflation rate.

Most crime rates are down from, say 1995: All violent: 469 vs 684, car theft: 416 vs. 560, and so on.

Reply to
HeyBub

The wording is a bit confusing to me, but it appears that 408.36 says that you can't have more than two main disconnects in a lighting-appliance panelboard. The service can still have up to six disconnects, (230.71) which can all be in one panel, just not a lighting and appliance panel

Reply to
RBM

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

No and absolutely not.

--

Reply to
dpb

While that is true it does not tell the whole story. It would need a main disconnect ahead of it or it could not contain more than ten percent of it's over current devices sized at thirty amperes single pole or smaller.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Thomas Horne

I don't think it will happen. The bad lenders put themselves in this position by sucking in people with easy deals that they cannot afford. They don't deserve to be in business. They'd be in far better straights if they'd help themselves by helping the borrower.

There is no simple answer and no one simple solution.

I pass a house on my way to work very day. New construction, offered for $385,000 and no money down. No one should be allowed to buy that much of a house with no money down. If you can afford the monthly payment, you can afford to put money away for a year and have a least a little equity with a small deposit.

Lenders offering interest only loans should be banned from ever lending money, as should borrowers who'd take a loan like that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, yes, no, yes, no, no... :)

Intervention in the financial markets is the most guaranteed way to screw it up even worse. There's nothing going on now that a few months won't sort out and if it weren't for the 24/7 news making such a to-do over it, most wouldn't even know anything was going on.

It boils down to another example of Greenspan's earlier warning of "unfettered exuberance" -- there will be a correction but that is well and good.

Lenders will learn by example that not screening loan applicants for ability to repay and excessive credit can bite far more effectively than if they're bailed out.

It simply isn't a large enough segment to make more than a short term retreat imo, realistically. However, sufficient "sky is falling" rhetoric from the aforementioned sources could possibly instigate a panic and we have seen, I think, some indications of such irrational over responses in the market volatility. But, w/ time, it will also dampen out imo...

--

Reply to
dpb

Anything can be negotiated. But it is just plain silly for "home inspectors" to critique a property on current standards.

If someone is buying a used house they typically are already paying a lower price than a comparable new house.

Reply to
George

Unlikely, the only thing that is needed is absolutely nothing. The greedy clueless lenders will go out of business or take a big hit as they should. Things will be a little rocky for a while and then it will all average out. The last think we need is for the gov't to reach into our pockets to bail them out.

Reply to
George

It won't be until 2011 if they do. The 2008 is at the printers and that change is not in it. I haven't even heard it was proposed. I will look at the 2008 ROP tho

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep you and RBM are right, sorry for any confusion.

Reply to
gfretwell