Magic tool

Probably old hat to everybody here, but I recently discovered the scraper blade for a reciprocating saw.
You put the blade in just like a saw blade and the Sawsall turns into a power scraper. In my case, it was just the thing for removing stick-on tile that had a VERY aggressive glue.
You can even sharpen the blade with a grinder or file as needed.
The only downside is the occasional kick-back.
Blades are available at the box stores for less than ten bucks.

You forgot to put the sunglasses on first (g).

I think horatio would have said; "And that . . ." puts on glasses "is why I carry a sawbuck in my wallet."
I think some writer must hate him to make him say such stupid crap week after week.
Jim [and I haven't run across that recip-saw scraper, either. I hope I never need one.<g>]

Back up there a second, hoss. Aren't you the one with the HF oscillating multi-tool that does it all? And the guy that makes blades for it to save three bucks? How is it that you don't know about the well advertised scraping function and blades for the multi- tool?
RicodJour wrote:

Heh!
I TRIED my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool. It was like cutting a titanium ingot with a butter knife! Oh, it would have worked. Eventually. But I had about 200 sq ft to do at three minutes per tile. I despaired. I wept. I thought I'd just thinset OVER the goddamn stick-on stuff. Then I remembered seeing the scraper blade at Home Depot.
Zip to the store. Zip back. Zip went the tile. Just call me Zippy!
And, Mr SmartyPants, I didn't re-tooth my HF Multifunction Miracle Tool blade to save three bucks, I did it to save a 22-mile round trip to the HF store in order to finish a twenty-minute job.
'Course saving three bucks WAS a plus...
HeyBub wrote:

Bad planning on your part. You should have bought a house closer to HF.
All kidding aside, until I read your post I didn't know there were scraper blades for Sawzalls. A quick Google also produced grout removal blades for Sawzalls.
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/news/press-releases/1127
They're getting to be like king sized muli-tools.
--
Tony Sivori

Imagine using the adapter without the soft flesh colored cover.
On 7/7/2011 7:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's for the macho man. Oh hell, I hear that song in my head. ^_^
TDD

Without the soft flesh colored cover it reminds me very much of one of these connectors that are meant to go in but never come out:
http://d33d8mgunhcj87.cloudfront.net/prodimg/167129/450.jpg
That's *way* too macho for me.
On 7/7/2011 9:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Seeing that just made my sphincter try to run away, eeeeeeuuuuu! :-)
TDD