Low water flow in the kitchen sink sprayer

I am trying to unplug the Delta kitchen sink sprayer and I took all parts of it apart - diverter, diverter valve, hose and sprayer head and could not find anything wrong with. The hose and the head are not plugged up, diverter had a little dirt, but not much.
When the sprayer is turned on main spigot turns off, but the the water does not flow well through the it.
What should I replace to make it work?
Thanks,
-Stan
Stan wrote:

diverter is probably full of gunk... remove the hose that comes from the diverter and have someon turn the water on and let it run through a piece of old garden hose and it will still be low or it will blow out the gunk thats inside the pipe....

I did the opposite - removed the diverter and the sprayer head and blew through the hose all the way through . Did not help...
Stan wrote:

well if doing this and the water did not flow correctly you gotta go back and do it further back.. got some blockage someplace.. i had a slight freeze while back on my mothers house.. steel pipes... the freeze cut loose water deposits and they blocked up the hoses on the wash. machine... looked like gravel coming out of the hoses when i took them off and back flushed them in the back yard... probably your problem somewhere in the line??????
Stan wrote:

LOL This was covered on This Old House last night! Over time, the internal valve parts (rubber) deteriorate and cleaning probably won't help. I always replace the diverter.
Jim
Mind if I ask what the diverter is? Bonnie

parts of

diverter
does
BonnieJean wrote:

A special valve, usually inside the base of the spout. When the spray wand lever is tripped, the diverter senses the pressure drop and redirects virtually all of the water flow to the spray wand.
Every brand and model of faucet is different in how you access the diverter and in the replacement parts. Jim

Is it a TV program? I've read a book with similar title...
Stan wrote:

Yes. On PBS.

It's also a good song by Crosby Stills and Nash.
It was a diverter valve!