storing cardboard boxes

I recently moved and I have about a dozen good sized cardboard boxes that I know will comes in handy down the road but I have limited storage space indoors but plenty in a 10x10 shed in the back yard, but I heard somewhere that cockroaches love cardboard, is that true? Is there a way to store them outdoors without attracting bugs? Or is it even worth it? Thanks.

Reply to
xyz789

Yes cardboard boxes and paper bags are havens for roaches. Was I ever glad that first time at the grocery store when I was aksed, "paper or plastic?"

I wouldn't waste 10 seconds or 10" of storage space for either one..

Reply to
Liam McConn

Yes cardboard boxes and paper bags are havens for roaches. Was I ever glad that first time at the grocery store when I was aksed, "paper or plastic?"

I wouldn't waste 10 seconds or 10" of storage space for either one..

Reply to
Liam McConn

Hmmm, Tampa Bay? It must be humid.

In Calf., I have spider egg sack problems. I place the boxes in a large plastic garbage bag and I make sure it's tightly sealed.

xyz789 wrote:

Reply to
Harlen Ng

if you have coardboard you gonna get roaches.. after a year or two check them out and you gonna have holes all over the boxes where the roaches ate up all the paper and glue in the boxes... save yourself some time and just throw them out now....

Reply to
jim

Termites love corrugated boxes too. The "tunnels" are already built! Store them in a plastic airtight container with a few mothballs to avoid attracting varmints. Personally, I would not store them if they could not be used in a year or two. Another option is to recycle them to a happy someone who is moving.

Reply to
Phisherman

Not worth it. These days most of us can fill arenas with "will come in handy someday" boxes (and other Stuff). You're going to want to put other things in that shed -- things you *use*. Believe me, "plenty" of storage space is never enough. Get rid of the boxes now.

Reply to
Frogleg

I have decided to throw them away. I asked several people if they wanted any and they said no so they are gone. Thanks for the advice everybody.

Reply to
xyz789