Low self discharge C or D size NiMh batteries?

Low self discharge AAA and AA NiMh batteries have been available for about a year now. Does anyone know if and when low self discharge C and D size NiMh batteries will be available? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

I doubt if it'll be soon. I bought a set of Sanyo eneloops at Costco and it came with C & D sleeves to "convert" the AA cells to C & D.

Reply to
SMS

Most retail "C" and "D" rechargables are actually a "AA" inside a big shell. For comparison, compare the listed capacity (mAh) and the weight between the sizes. Also note that places which do sell a real NiMh "D" cell charge about 10x the price of a "AA" (and they have 8-10x the capacity).

You can buy empty shells and use your own "AA"s. E.g.:

(no connection, but I've been satisfied with my previous dealings with them).

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

is now selling low self discharge C and D size NiMh cells.

The D size is 10 amp hour and costs $23.97 for a package of two.

The C size is 4.5 amp hour and costs $16.97 for a package of two.

Reply to
Daniel Prince