Small deep discharge batteries?

Anyone recommend a supplier?

I'm looking for 12 volt 4 - 5 AH battery to replace the rubbish NiMH pack on a Lister Horse Clipper, two years old and dead after fewer than 50 cycles. I've re-celled a drill with sub-C NiMH in the past, but this pack has unusual sized cells (67 mm long 18 mm dia). I know lead acid will be a little heavier, but the battery pack sits on a waist/shoulder strap.

TIA

Reply to
newshound

Best to shop around once you know the physical size you want. SLA batteries come in standard sizes depending on the Ah. If you do switch to SLA you will also need a SLA charger. Constant voltage rather than constant curent that Ni based batteries use.

See what is available as "industrial" batteries there are many variations on the basic AAA, AA and C cells.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Most SLA batteries are designed for log term float charging and just a few deep discharges.

Look for one specifically designed for deep discharge otherwise you will get poor life.

Suitable ones will be replacements for electric bikes and little golf trolleys rather than burglar alarm panels.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin