Low profile LCD mount

I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind where the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight into the tv. Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

Reply to
desgnr

John Grabowski

Why does the box need a cover? The TV will be in front of it. We've hung several at work that way- they make all sorts of overpriced specialty old-work boxes with insets. Personally, I'd be inclined to use one of those plastic boxes they sell for washing machine feeds to create an alcove in the wall, and run the feed wires up from the bottom or down from the top, and have room for nice gentle sweeping turns in the cables to get the connectors to line up. Get inventive and save a few bucks- they finance the cheap prices on the TVs by price-gouging on the accessories and cables you 'have to have to make it work right.' It is just a glorified computer monitor, and damn near anything will work. You need a cable path for signal to the screen, and maybe sound going the other way to you surround sound, and a power outlet. Not seeing the room you are installing it in, and where the other boxes will sit, it is hard to make suggestions.

Reply to
aemeijers

Just finished doing the above. Took a couple of old work boxes, cut the backs off at the end of the tabs for the romex. This allows the box to be mounted in the wall with the backs open. Got a couple of blank covers and cut out the centers. You need blanks because the holes for the screws line up with the holes in the box. Non-blank covers have holes that line up with the device (outlet, switch,). The covers can be painted to match the walls.

Reply to
Tom Lachance

Real nice picture of the "Scoop facing in". ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03