low profile shower tray

Just looking at ordering a couple of shower trays for the renovation and was wondering if anyone has any experience of low-profile trays.

I haven't used them before and was wondering what, if any, problems there are in installing/using them.

They seem to come 45mm deep.

I am planning on putting them on plinths.

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll

Often they leave very little space for a standard waste so a low profile hi-flo waste is adviseable.

They are becoming more and more popular for both style slaves and less-able people alike.

Sinks, Showers MP3 Players & Spy Gadgets

Reply to
JSM Distribution

Why use a low profile shower tray and then put it on a plinth?

Seems to defeat the object.

Reply to
Bruce

I installed a 40 mm low profile tray a few months back. I put it on top of two layers of 18 mm ply as it was on a concrete floor. The waste was pumped and only needed 15 mm pipe. The pump was a bit noisy but the user was deaf so who cares?

Reply to
dennis

Cost, mainly. They seem to be cheaper than the standard trays.

Reply to
Martin Carroll

Understood, thanks.

Reply to
Bruce

If floor is not concrete, do the job properly and run the waste under the floor

Reply to
Slider

To save on this and reduce the height of plinth needed, also to avoid siphonage etc., have a look at the HepVO dry trap:

PeterC