Lighting

It has been a cold winter, then a rainy spring, and finally, it turned too hot to do any work outside. Last weekend though, had perfect weather so I took down the Christmas lights.

Today, it is going to be 75 degrees and sunny. Won't be many nice days like that so, I think I'm going to get a jump on the holiday and put up the Christmas lights.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Good thinking, we plan to put ours up before the first frost, but for us that is historically November 15.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

LOL

Thanks

Reply to
LouB

I need to fix the roof, but it isn't raining right now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

ONLY 96 days until Christmas.

Reply to
Harry L

I like the way you think, but the wife is still nagging me to get those plastic Easter Eggs out of the trees! It hadn't been an issue til now since the darn leaves are falling and she can see them again!

Reply to
Mark

I paint my Easter eggs with sprigs of holly on one side, American flag on the other. That way, they are multi-seasonal and stay up all year :o)

Reply to
norminn

In all seriousness, the wires on Christmas lights won't last through year-round sun exposure. Many sets have a warning label (one of several) indicating that it shouldn't be left outside for more than 90 days. So wait at least a few more days before putting them up.

Reply to
Bob

"Mark" wrote in news:k1vtm.46908$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad:

You should have practiced with your sling shot during the summer.

Reply to
Red Green

Sounds like a good use of your time and resources. I'm sure I should do the same.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon