Lifting metal to ceiling

Page 2 of 2

Like I said in an earlier post, you can get them cut to the inch in length. Unless your garage is only 16 ft, you'll have to overlap them anyway, just start at the back and work forward and you won't notice the overlap. The panels are 3' wide, not 4' like drywall, they are MUCH lighter than drywall per sq foot. You'll want to order a few inches longer thanyou need to compensate for the overlap.
I am sure you could hire a someone (think teenage boy) to help hold one end. OR, just hire someone to do the ceiling that is experienced and they will have it done in a day or less. You may even learn something form them.
Where are you located?
Hank <~~~would pay the extra 200-500 dollars to "get er done"

Kentucky.
I was left wondering what sort of DIY-er couldn't figure out on his own how to do a task like this.
Then I realized what sort it was...
LLoyd
stryped wrote:

You may be trying to solve the wrong problem.
Aluminum foil is much easier to work with than sheet metal and is just as effective as keeping out alien mind-reading radiation.
You could probably use "radiant barrier" material.