Labeling Parts Bins

I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers are out as are the Dymo thermal printers.
On 12/15/12 3:30 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

You mean like these ?
http://www.zorotools.com/g/Label%20Adhesive/00116757 /
On 12/15/2012 04:40 PM, Retired wrote:

In a cheap fashion, I've found that the metal foil duct tape and a sharpie make good permanent-ish labels for the storage totes that I've been using to organize seldom-used tools, car parts, etc.
If you want something more professional-looking, P-Touch is pretty much what all electricians are using these days to tag wires, label equipment, etc. when there's no requirement for engraved Micarta labels.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 12/15/2012 4:40 PM, Retired wrote:

Those look great. The idea to use a P-Touch is not a bad one, either. I'd forgotten that I have a P-Touch printer (the type that connects to a computer) that I've never used. Thanks for the reminder!
On 12/16/2012 5:37 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

I have to make labels for just about every job and I have several expensive wiz bang label makers for making labels but the machine I use the most is the little P-Touch I picked up out of a discount bin at a big box store for $14.00. I just bought a replacement tape cartridge at Office Depot and it cost $12.00. The labels are quite versatile and I use them to label phone/data jacks, wires, patch panels and equipment. Brother PT-70 is sold at Walmart. ^_^
http://www.brother-usa.com/ptouch/modeldetail.aspx?PRODUCTID=PT70
http://tinyurl.com/d2qvgnk
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-Int.-P-touch-Personal-Handheld-Labe/10993507
http://tinyurl.com/ctuvktc
TDD

I just did all of mine with a Brother P touch. It seems to work OK
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I use P-Touch on my work sites and the labels last a long time, even when used on the exteriors of buildings.
--
PV

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever."

For those bins, I use card stock (3 x 5 note cards work fine for the small bins) cut to the appropriate size. I like the slip-in labels, so I can re-label at will without the mess of stick-on or write-on labeling.