Label maker for outdoor labels

More than a year ago I bought a DYMO (tm) brand label maker because one type of label available for it was a metallic tape that was "weather proof". It wanted to put labels on plastic buckets I keep outdoors. I discovered that while the labels might be "weather proof", they were not "sun proof". After just a few months, the labels turned so dark that I could no longer read them.
Is there a Label maker that makes labels that will remain legible for at least two years even when they are exposed to sunlight for several hours a day? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Your fighting a losing battle, but you might find some tips here, about halfway down the page:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2306/
Daniel Prince wrote: ...

Seems easier to use a paint marker and write or to engrave and fill w/ a contrasting paint...

*I have a Brother P Touch. I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that they have labels in the TZ series that are UV resistant.
John Grabowski wrote:

Depending on the surface of the bucket, a junkyard paint pen or a Sharpie broad-tip marker. May need to scuff the bucket with steel wool and degrease it first, to get either to make legible marks.
It's a bucket. Do the labels really need to be boardroom presentation quality?
-- aem sends...
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:01:09 -0800, Daniel Prince

A permanent magic marker should do the trick.