Kudos for Home Depot

Page 2 of 2

i believe those traits have gone the same route as common courtesy....they don't fit in well with the "ME ME ME" attitude...
------------------- Chris Perdue *All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug" http://hometown.aol.com/bugninva/MAINPAGE.html to reply take your PANTS off

No...I was laughing. I agree with your analysis. The VW matter is a little different. They did some free work for me, I repaid them with donuts and them repaid me with the frequent buyer (i.e., employee) discount (I used to buy a lot of tranny parts from them for various rebuilds). It came from the top though.
Darryl.

Hardly the same thing. The cashier isn't authorized to give out their employee discount to anyone they feel like. How the hell do you think a company can stay in business with the employees deciding who gets discounts and who doesn't?
If it was your company, your employee, your bottom line, would you think differently?
As a small business owner, I can tell you that this kind of frivolous misuse of employee benefits is theft, and it causes more business failures that just about anything I can think of.
Maybe the happy cashier won't find your big smile to be so meaningful when you bump into them in the unemployment line. Or are you going to return the big favor and start covering their lost paycheck?
Home Depot is so liberal in their return policy I think its going to put them out of business. Last year, I purchased a garden pump from them, when I got home and opened the box, it contained an old , used pump. Obviously someone purchased the pump and returned the box with their old pump in the box. Lazy return cashier did not bother checking the contents of the box.
Another story. I was ready to purchase a masonry drill bit. Took it to one of their new self serve checkout stations. When I tried to scan the item, it would not scan. Clerk came over and noted that the drill bit was not from the Home Depot, it had a True Value price tag. Once again lazy return cashier did not bother to check what was returned. I can't believe a company run by one of Jack Welsh's Six Sigma disciples at GE, can not force manage out the large percentage of baboons that work at Home Depot. I do get the sense things are improving there as of late. Service seems to be much better and knowledgeable, like it was when they first came to town.
BTW My wife just recently returned a pair of toodler shoes to Sears after one year.

with
far