Kohler Wellworth service parts

I have 2 Mansfield 1.6l toilets that are about 6 years old that frequently block. I see that Kohler makes the Wellworth model that seems to be well rated and inexpensive. I would like to replace the current units with the Wellworth. Previous house had a Kohler toliet and I remember it was a pain because the service parts were not readily available and 5x the cost of others. Does the Wellworth use common service parts?

Reply to
George

Wellworth comes in gravity and in pressure. Latter uses a standard Sloan pressure valve. I have 4 in my house for 6 years and none have needed any parts but I got parts for another from Sloan under warranty.

frequently

Reply to
Art Begun

Thanks, I am interested in the "basic" model which I would imagine is gravity. Do you have any idea about parts on those?

I find that toilets usually need at least a flapper after a few years. They seem to get hard with the water here.

Reply to
George

Around here the flappers dissolve after a few years. But the Sloan pressure valves need no service. Good flush with no problems. Some models are noisier than gravity flappers so you need to be aware of that. New Gerber toilets with the Sloan valve are very quiet. Don't know if its a change in the valve or whether the Gerber toilet design is quieter than the Kohler when using the Sloan valve because my Kohlers are old with old SLoan valves and I'm comparing with new Gerebers with new Sloan valves..

standard

years. They

Reply to
Art Begun

While looking for parts for my other WC, I noted that HD or Lowes (I forget which, maybe both) had parts for Wellworth. I don't remember the flapper, but looking just now, the flapper in mine appears to be a standard flapper with a float added on the chain. The toilet to bowl seal is much more expensive than the standard donut, but you are unlikely to need that part changed. The valve which also appears standard, is relatively quiet. I've had mine for 2 year and so far it has worked perfectly. And, yes, flappers here seem to deteriorate and need to be replaced at least every

8-10 years (may depend on the quality that you buy).
Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Call 800-4KOHLER. They are very helpful and will send parts quickly. You can look at diagrams on

and get part numbers, but talking to them is easier.

Reply to
William W. Plummer