Kitchen Cork Floor Question

Normally when one puts down a floor it goes first, and then the kitchen cabinets go on top. But with a cork floor I can see the cabinets sinking in. But if you install the floor afterwards, you are effectively lowering your counter height by the thickness of the floor. So does one raise the counters somehow?

Don .

Reply to
Don Wiss

the floor should go down first

Reply to
henryc

Reply to
blue

In my house, slightly lower than normal counter height would make work more comfortable. However, Dishwashers and refrigerators might be problems. I'd suggest adding a sheet of something like marine plywood below counters.

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Negative the cork should go down last (it will compress under the cabinets). place the cabinets on 1/2" thick cleats before installing. run cork flooring to cabinets and under all appliances then install finished toe-kick.

Reply to
3GCPO