Kohler Flush Valve(Flapper)

My wife dropped one of those bleach tablets in the tank of our Kohler Toilet. The tablet ruined the gasket on the flapper; the tank was leaking into the bowl(I could hear it after the tank filled).
It is cycling my well pump ~ every 30 minutes.
I was able to find a Kohler Flapper at Lowes, an exact replacement. I re-filled the tank & turned the water on & it's still leaking. I know it's leaking from the flush valve, I can make the lea stop if I put downward pressure on the flapper.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks in Advance, -a12vman
wrote (with possible editing):

Remove the flapper and clean the exposed edge of the siphon which goes into the bowl. Sometimes deposits build up on it which prevents the flapper from sealing.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com