Knocking noise with Jenn-Air Gas Stove

I bought a house that has a 15 yr old Jenn-Air gas stove (Model CG205W). A few weeks ago, I heard a knocking noise coming from the stove when the stove is off. It's a continuous noise in which the knocks are about 1/2 second apart. This isn't the clicking noise made when you turn on the stove. Any ideas what this is?
Thanks Bill
Bill wrote:

Water dripping inside the exhaust pipe? A cheerful ghost?