Toilet on concrete floor - what's under there?

Personally wouldn't use wax to span > 2". AFAIK there are fittings designed exactly for this purpose.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

I had this problem in a 58 year old house I once owned and the contractor just used 2 wax rings. It never did leak but I am sure there is a more professional way to solve your problem.....good luck..

Reply to
Ross Mac

Tim is right. And there are different ones for each app.

describes some.

OP needs to determine the size and material of the existing install to get the correct one.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

My house was that way. There is a flange you can get that the center pipe part sticks down an inch or so and has an o-ring around it to fit inside and seal with the existing pipe. Mine was a mess though, the concrete seemed to have spilled over the top of the pipe when the house was made, I had to beat some away and then get a flange with a size smaller and just seal it with caulk as the one made for this wouldn't quite fit.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Hiya!

Doing a little bathroom remodel, including putting in a subfloor. The current floor is concrete, and the toilet sits directly on the floor, as near as I can tell. I'm going to need to raise the flange up 2 1/4" to be level with the floor. I'm not sure if there'll be any way to extend the current pipe up, as I suspect that it's set into the concrete. Are there fittings available to attach to a flange, and install another flange above that? Or should I get out the sledge and replumb the whole flange to the level of the floor?

-Tim

Reply to
Tim and Steph

Yes. Any real plumbing supply house can fix you right up.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell