Kitchenaid Dish Washer Cleaning

I have a KA dishwasher with a stainless (ya, right) steel inside. Well, through the years the inside looks pretty "dirty". It has a film of what I guess is soap residue. What's the best way to clean this? I know I could probably use the stuff for showers and scrub it. Does anyone know of any "magic" that can be cycled through to dissolve this stuff?

Thanks.

Reply to
Art Todesco

dump in gallon of white vinegar during wash cycle, let soak as long as possible.+.

Reply to
hallerb

It also helps to dump in a little bit, 1/2 cup, with each load. Much cheaper than all of the fancy rinsing agents you can buy.

Reply to
RayV

Yes, it is stainless in that it does not rust. Soap scum and mineral deposits are another story. Try a vinegar rinse as the acetic acid may remove it. CLR is another option.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Second that, I have a Kitchenaid Stainless machine too and the inside gets nasty after a while with mineral buildup..our water is bad for that. A good vinegar soaking ( put it in the wash cycle, start it running then stop it for a while, then finish the cycle) and it should be pretty much good to go again. This cleans out any build up in the wash arms etc too.

Reply to
Mikey S.