Dish Washer frame

I want to install a dish washer on a wall that currently has nothing but a fridge. I am going to run the new hoses and wires to the basement. The question is do they make pre-made enclosures that I could slide the dish washer in to or do I have to build it from scratch? I want to do this the easiest way possible. I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a portable but is permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Reply to
Bob

Some portable units are convertible. I would imagine you can use one as you propose and it will have a full cabinet, then you just change the plumbing as needed.

Another possibility is to use a standard machine and make a simple enclosure. In an old house about 30+ years ago, I did just that. I was given a DW but had no real place to put it. as a built in. I put it next to the existing sink (you can use the fridge) and that covered one side. The other side I use a sheet of finished plywood, stained or painted to match your other cabinets. The top I bought a piece of butcher block counter top and screwed it to the top. It was very handy having the cutting board top.

Check the price differences. I think you can use either model with a little ingenuity.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Craven Morehead

they have drawer type dishwashers open drawer insert stuff if thats of any help

Reply to
hallerb