Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?

"cshenk" wrote

Many a crappy house has been sold because of it. Poor insulation, cheap construction, inefficient heating system, but then . . . . "Honey, look at the nice granite counter tops in my favorite color. Can we buy it?"

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are so many types of granite this seems weird. Glass is going to shatter if dropped on any solid surface. Different strokes, I suppose. SWMBO wouldn't have anything else (well, maybe quartz).

Nope. There was only one house with a basement that met our other criteria ("new" and within the price range). In truth, it had some other "issues", like a 20' retaining wall down to a creek and some pretty nasty mowing down to it.

Reply to
keith