Key copying in the 22nd century

Made copies of keys at Home Depot a couple days ago.
Wow.
He puts the key in the slot and on the screen it says 66, the blank he needs (for a standard Kwikset key).
Then he hands me back the key, and makes two copies without having my key in his possession!!
Talk about computers or microprocessors!!
Tested them today. Neither fit, but it sure was cool.

It might have looked cool, but if neither fit, the process is worthless. Around here they still use the old method and they work 99% of the time.
By the way, this is the 21st century, not the 22nd .....
The 20th century ended at midnight on Dec 31, 1999. The 21st century will end at midnight on Dec 31, 2099.
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 02:10:04 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I know, but I think their high-tech method of copying keys may be working by the 22nd century. That's why I put it that way.

Since you started the nippicking, this assumes either there was a year zero or the "first century" was 99 years.
What are the first 10 numbers? 1 to 10. the first 100? 1 to 100.

Its all explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 03:28:36 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Just for the record, that says what I did, that the 20th and 21st century ends when 2000 or 2100 end.
Of course those are numbered centuries. A century can end any time if it started 100 years earlier It can end when 6:32:14PM 1843 ends if it began at 6:32:15PM 1743
On 06/01/2015 02:33 AM, micky wrote:
[snip]

0 to 9 would look nicer. I'd rather not end the list with a number that looks like it doesn't belong there. I would prefer to have the centuries starting in '0' years (like 2000), but I've always had to live in the real world and that is was it is not what I want.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

I am surprised you are not pointing out that year 1 or zero is actually just an arbitrary date picked out of the air hundreds of years after the fact. Nobody at the time wrote year 1 or year zero as the current date.
One thing you might say in defense of year zero is at one minute after midnight is 00:01 not 1:01.
On 06/01/2015 02:10 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Actually, you're a year off. The 21st century starts in 2001. The 22nd century starts in 2101. Consider that there's no year zero.
BTW, I'd prefer it your way. Reality doesn't cooperate.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use."
On 05/31/2015 09:39 PM, micky wrote:

Homer is dyslexic and transposed the key numbers?
On 5/31/2015 8:39 PM, micky wrote:

You can always take a picture of the key and send that to the internet company that makes keys. Send them 2 pictures (front and back) and in 2 days you will have a new key.
There was a story on the TV news here a while back trying to work up a scare about thieves using it to break in. I can't worry too much about a thief that has access to my keys and is planning that far in advance. Most thieves around here use the old number 10 key. One kick with their number 10 shoes and the door opens.
Bill
micky posted for all of us...

LOL at this! A needed laugh.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Another entry in the category of Technology Theater.

I went back and the next guy went to the trouble of looking at the copies and said one of the points wasn't there. I guess the first guy didn't push the key in the slot far enough. What's the saying, If they make something idiot-proof, they'll invent better idiots.
He made two on the fancy machine and one on the traditional machine (to save time, I think Who would do that when he could have just pressed 3 instead of 2). Then he looked at the copies and said he could see a dimple in the traditional one that wasn't there in the fancy-machine one (What other HD clerk would do that. I haven't looked yet). They all worked.
The second guy should really be doing something more challenging that pays better. He's obviously more curious and smarter than the average guy. He said his brother was a computer something or other, or majoring in CS in college, but he didn't want to do that. I wonder if he is paying the family expenses so his younger brother can go to school. Maybe I should have said something encouraging but I didnt' think of all this when I was there.