kenmore washer code fh problem

Hello, We have a kenmore he4t front loading washing machine that is having a code (fh) error problem .According to the owners manual is a water inlet problem, and to check hoses and filters for any problems. which we did and found no problems , even increased water pressure in house a little and that didn"t work either. called sears they want $59.00 plus parts and labor, or we can purchase a 1 year warranty for $189.00 which would cover everything.just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and want it ended up as the problem, will probably go with the 1 year warranty .Unless it is something I can fixed myself. Thanks for any help on this matter , Sincerely Craig

Reply to
lowanse

Hi,

HE4T is a name and not a model#.

A copy that may help:

F/H No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. If there is no water in the unit:

  1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
  2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
  3. Verify inlet valve operation If there is water in the unit:
  4. Verify Drain pump operation
  5. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch Verify there is not a siphon problem Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU) Check all hoses for possible leaks Verify pressure switch operation

Verify flow meter operation Verify CCU operation

This might help as well....

manual.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Your welcome! :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Jeff, FH error code reappeared, checked pressure switch hose had a hole in it was loosing pressure should be the fix now.Thanks Craig

Reply to
lowanse

Thankx for the update!

That should help others :)