KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Page 8 of 10

I'll be damned if I'll pay for electricity to heat my house. Bring on the explosions!
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Try a heat pump (air source or geothermal depending on your region), solar, wood or oil for heat, none of which have any propensity of leveling the neighborhood.

Bwah, hah, hah.
Michigan.
Not enough sun.
Not going to split wood or buy pellets.
Have a perfectly functioning gas furnace which I'm not going to abandon for a much more expensive heat pump.
I'm not going to get rid of my gas stove, grill, or water heater, either.
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Geothermal heat pumps work quite nicely in cold climates.

They cost too much. My husband can install a regular forced-air furnace.
Even if I replaced my furnace with a heat pump, I'd still have the stove and gas grill (and possibly the water heater).
Clearly, I don't believe that gas presents a statistically significant danger. We've had this exact discussion before, and neither of us was convinced of the other's position.
Cindy Hamilton

snipped-for-privacy@adi.com (Cindy Hamilton) wrote in

You won't ever convince Pete of your position, because he's an anti-gas kook whose mind is already made up.
And he won't ever convince you, or anyone else, of his position because he doesn't know what he's talking about. There simply are not 4000+ residential gas explosions per year in the U.S. That's something that Pete made up.
Doug Miller wrote:

I've provided cites to the statistics, and further anyone can search news sites to see how prevalent they are.

You're lying again. You provided no such cites.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

You have provided no cites, I have. Go back to your mother's basement and jerk off troll.

Asshole, *YOU* are the one who is making absurd claims. It is *YOU* who owes the world the evidence to back it up.

Nah, that's the job of you lefty liars. My mother is dead, asshole.

*explosions*.
That's something that you made up, and it's complete bullshit.
Doug Miller wrote:

You flunked out of elementary school I see. Piss off troll.

Ahh, I see: the facts are not on your side, so you resort to insults.
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

It's significant enough for the NFPA to be interested, and it's a hazard that has reasonable alternatives. At the very least anyone with gas appliances/heat should have one or more gas detectors in their house. They are only $60 or so, and indeed all RVs have had gas detectors for years, but somehow fixed homes haven't caught up.
On 12/18/2013 1:55 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'm cooking with gas and wouldn't want it any other way. We also have gas heat and a gas water heater. There are several electric heaters around for spot heating. The cost of electric resistance heat is very expensive with gas heat being the least expensive. Many years ago we had the things called "Total Electric Homes" that were touted as the future of the modern living with electrical power being so cheap it wouldn't even be metered. It was assumed back then that there would be nuclear power plants everywhere. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I never suggested electric resistive heating was recommended. Heat pumps, air or ground source, are around 4X the efficiency of resistive heat.

How many people die mining coal or in the electric industry, yearly, moron? You really are a dumbshit lefty.
On 12/18/2013 7:54 PM, Pete C. wrote:

had built in electric wall heaters in every room. I still don't have my own nuclear reactor under the house along with my flying car in the driveway. ^_^
TDD

Then ice storm 1991 shut off the electric, and they really froze inside their own home. Electric water heater, too. After that, they installed a wood stove in the cellar.
NG is often on, when the electric isn't. Which is a good thing. Heating with a gas range isn't recommended, but it's often done, and helps keep a person warm.
--
.
Christopher A. Young