KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

I have a big pot, a very big pot of water on the stove to provide humidity on very cold dry days and set a very low flame under it but if my roommate opens the window behind the stove, a brisk breeze will blow out the pilots and the burner. Fortunately, the house is old and not hermetically sealed like a lot of new homes so there is a lot of air infiltration to dilute any gas. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's neighborly of you, to call in gas leaks.

Might be KABOOB!!!! there might be t*ts everywhere.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thank goodness unionized firemen,police and EMS showed up .. huh ?

We know no republicans would risk their life doing that work, but they certainly expect those workers to.

Reply to
Daring Dufas : Hypocrite TeaBi

Bad things sometimes happen to good (or at least innocent in the present circumstances) people....then again a 13 yo died (or is braindead altho still on ventilator last I heard) after a "routine" tonsillectomy in LA area just the other day.

While unfortunate, do we now not do any more tonsillectomies?

Reply to
dpb

Far more people have been killed in fires caused by electrical wiring and device defects than by gas explosions or gas asphyxiation. Perhaps electricity simply isn't safe for residential use either.

Reply to
Larry W

This reminds me of the gas company vs electric company battles in the late 19th century when they were both fighting for control of the lighting market.

Reply to
Guv Bob

They used to market nat gas as "clean, safe, dependable", now it's just "clean and dependable", do you think they dropped "safe" for no reason?

Reply to
Pete C.

Just search the reports. I posted the actual stats from NFPA or some such some time ago and it was something like 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

Reply to
Pete C.

Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some good ones showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

Reply to
Pete C.

We do far fewer than we used to. Not because they are dangerous, but because they are usually unnecessary.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I don't care. I am not giving up NG to get fleeced by the power company.

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

? were both fighting for control of the lighting market.

Do you also remember all the safety concerns about motor cars, and how they needed someone on foot with a red flag, ahead. To not scare the horses.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In my half century of life, I can only remember one hearing about a residential gas explosion. And that was a suicide. If memory serves.

With 4,000 a year, you'd think a couple would be within the range of my news and information radio.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA web site, and can't find that stat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA web site, and can't find that stat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA web site, and can't find that stat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

75.108.241.151 Conroe, Texas, US

What was that about southern shitholes?

Reply to
G. Morgan

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1231f$0$47829$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Bullshit.

4,000 per year = about 1per 80,000 population per year in the U.S. -- which would translate to about 20 gas explosions per year in metropolitan Indianapolis where I live, or roughly one every two and a half weeks.

That doesn't happen, Pete.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b12368$0$48008$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Cite?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:Wtfsu.920$ snipped-for-privacy@fx17.iad:

You can't find something that isn't there....

Reply to
Doug Miller