Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b205c7$0$47741$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

ladders.

Fires, not explosions.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b206d5$0$47793$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Surmise. assume, presume -- but you still don't have any actual evidence, do you?

You made it up, Pete.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b207a3$0$47770$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

It says "fires", not "explosions". The "4000+ explosions" is something you made up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b2089e$0$47959$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

mind is

know

in the

No, you have not. You've provided a cite to statistics about *fires*, but nothing at all about

*explosions*.

That's something that you made up, and it's complete bullshit.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b207bf$0$47732$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Like the man said, Pete -- you're a liar. That talks about *fires*.

The stuff about explosions, you just made up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

y a heat pump (air source or geothermal depending on your region),

None of which has the propensity to economically replace NG. Heat pumps are okay for cooling. Not much so for heating unless you are very lucky. Still cost $$.

Solar: Joke.

Wood: Really?

Oil: Cost versus NG?

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

Some more so than others.

Reply to
Pete C.

Call NFPA and ask them if you don't think it's true.

Reply to
Pete C.

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't required for residences using explosive fuels.

Reply to
Pete C.

Certainly, and we've shown that gas is even safer than electricity. It's cheaper, too. What's not to like?

Reply to
krw

You're lying, again. Only a lefty can lie so consistently.

Reply to
krw

It's the reality of fires caused by gas leaks. Ask the NFPA if you don't like it, but that doesn't change the facts.

Reply to
Pete C.

Proving once again that you have no reading comprehension, nor science comprehension.

Reply to
Pete C.

I didn't say it was a leading cause of deaths. It is a significant hazard, and if you are one of the ~9 daily victims of a gas fueled fire/explosion and loose your home, you'll consider it a significant hazard as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

Perhaps because there have been so damned few problems it's not economically justified. Idiot.

Reply to
krw

The reality of this NG is that you're a liar.

Reply to
krw

Nope, you just don't like the facts so you call me names. The fact is that an independent source confirms exactly what I said. Even a couple seconds of delayed ignition in a gas furnace results in a (small) explosion. A gas leak that has to travel any distance before it reaches an ignition source will certainly produce an explosion of some varying size. That one last year was so large it killed the neighbor's and left only a crater where the subject house used to be.

Reply to
Pete C.

Proving once again that you're a lefty loon. Lying is your only mode.

Reply to
krw

You flunked out of elementary school I see. Piss off troll.

Reply to
Pete C.