KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Page 4 of 10

As long as everyone is trying so hard, I'll give it a try. ;-)

2110 gas + 1170 LP = 3280. A very minor nit.

Actually, that PDF says "estimated annual average" of 3280 in 2003-2007.
True, it's not 4000, and it's not explosions, but is "per year", at least the way I understand "annual average".

You're right, I missed that phrase.
OK, it's per year. But it still says fires, not explosions.
The claim of 4000+ residential gas explosions per year is complete bullshit.

That NFPA site says the annual average for deaths due to combined natural and LP gas accidents is 77, with an additional 287 injuries. Contrast that with the Electrical Safety Foundation (just happened to be the first credible site returned in a quick google search) which states that home electrical distribution and lighting system fires are the 4th leading cause of home fires, causing about 50,900 each year, averaging 490 deaths and 1,440 injuries.
http://www.esfi.org/index.cfm/page/Fire-Statistics/pid/12014
So maybe we really should ban electricity from homes since it is so much more dangerous than gas...

Larry W wrote:

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't required for residences using explosive fuels.

Perhaps because there have been so damned few problems it's not economically justified. Idiot.

And there it is folks...krw's version of the hat trick.
He finally got all three of his favorite words into the thread: liar, lefty and idiot.
It was only a matter of time.
On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 04:04:49 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

And there you have it. The idiot DerbyDad shows what a moron he is by defending another moron. The lefty morons do flock together.

Only because it's true. I can't help it if you don't like others to be called what they are. He is a lefty, liar, and an idiot. You two share a lot of attributes.

...until someone pointed out the facts of the case, sure.

Idiot. Find a post where I defended him. All I ever did was point the errors that some folks posted. A few missed the words "annual average" and claimed the stat was over a five year period. The stat was annual average number over that period. Pointing out errors in other posts does not equate to defending anyone. Of course, an idiot like you would have trouble with that concept.
I also pointed out that Doug claimed leaks were never mentioned when they clearly were. He, unlike you, graciously admitted his error. You could learn a thing or two or three or four from him. Of course, idiots like you have trouble learning things, which may explain some of your habits.
On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 03:15:31 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

You still are.

You're a liar, too. No surprise, you're a lefty.

...snip...

Now that was one powerful comeback. Is that the best you've got?
Not only an idiot but getting soft too.
On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 04:42:01 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Facts are all that's needed.

You certainly are. All leftists are.
On 12/18/2013 7:37 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Mandate? F that. I'd destroy the thing out of spite.
On 12/18/2013 7:37 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Most homes don't have wheels, well some of them do if the wheels aren't removed when they're setup. RV's bounce up and down the road when they travel so vibration and G forces affect the gas equipment them. That doesn't happen with a fixed home unless you're in an earthquake belt where the gas meters will automatically shut off if pipes are broken.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_Valve
TDD

Do we mandate smoke detectors?
Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building, structure, and residential dwelling" must have them.
Well, I'll get right on installing one in my shed. Not that I could hear it from inside the house.
Cindy Hamilton

On 12/19/2013 9:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I think that would also include the doghouse.
Real story. A friend of mine had a knock at his door, it was the police. He lives in a crime section of a city, and the cop was there to tell him that code enforcement required insulation in his dog's doghouse.
Time might have been better spend casing drug dealers, and gun runners.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/19/2013 8:40 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

How did the cop know that there was no insulation in the dog house? o_O
TDD

Didn't occur to me to ask. Now, that would be a good thing to know.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Was the dog house heated with natural gas?
On 12/19/2013 5:51 PM, Larry W wrote:

Ed and the cop did joke about that concept. I guess it would had to explode 4,000 times a year to qualify.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/19/2013 05:51 PM, Larry W wrote: