Jiggling handle doesn't help

I have a nearly-new Toto toilet that runs on after you flush it. As I said in the subject line, jiggling the handle doesn't do anything. On a few rare occasions, it will stop on its own after what seems a reasonable amount of time but it usually runs on, as much as all day long. We discovered the problem after flushing just before leaving for work (around 8 am) and it was still running when I got home at supper time. Until that time, I knew it was slow but I figured it would stop on its own eventually. It had always seemed to.
The way I get it to stop running is turning on the water in the sink next to it. Maybe other faucets would have the same effect but I haven't tested that. After it's run for several minutes, you can stop it by turning the water on. I've noticed I can speed up the process a bit by turning the water on and off several times quickly.
I expect there's some fairly simple adjustment to make inside the tank but all the searches I've done online for info come up with hits that relate more to faulty flapper seals and the like. Has anyone experienced something like this? What was the problem and what adjustment did you make to fix it? BTW, in case it makes a difference, it was installed by a plumber, not by me. DDW

Did you open the tank cover to look? Usually the cause and the solution is pretty obvious. Common causes:
(1) the flap is stuck slightly open (2) the floating valve is stuck open or didn't float high enough to shut the valve

Try cleaning the flapper. Slime can (in my recent case) prevent the flapper from getting a good seal when it drops.
Oren
Check out www.korky.com, they make the fill valves. There are some troubleshooting tips there. I have 6 Toto's and have to frequently replace the diaphragm cap because of similar problems.
Cathi