jenn-air dishwasher jdb1080awb

Page 2 of 2
We need more information on where the "hum" is coming from. Has the OP taken off the lower front panel so he can access the pump/motor with a listening stick to be certain what is humming??
I took out the motor E47088 Model 5KCP122E1AX and put a load across the wires. It did not react.
I missed it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 1086052398
On Monday, September 16, 2013 10:55:42 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:

P / N 6918243 model 5Kcp122e1ax
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7747879/0916132225.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7747879/0916132334a \.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7747879/0916132334a.jpg
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:27:20 AM UTC-4, Deodiaus wrote:

I would think that an electrical motor shop would tell you that they rebuild small, cheap appliance motors like that, you just buy a new one. But again, if the motor is shot and you're also having problems with the touch pad not always responding, indicator lights not lighting up fully, etc how much $$ do you want to put into a 10 year old dishwasher? If you're sure what it takes to fix it, know what you're doing and it's a reasonable amount, I can see doing it. But if it's $100 for this, $75 for that and you're still not sure that is all that's wrong with it, then it may not be worth it.
On Monday, September 16, 2013 11:43:36 PM UTC-4, Deodiaus wrote:

Do you mean you applied POWER to the motor and it did not react?
Or do you mean you put another LOAD, like a light bulb across the wires that feed the motor and it didn't light?
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:44:09 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

BTW, I tried this first to another smaller motor which drains the water and it worked.
The form factor on these motors is different, so its hard to just find another one. I found one on EBay, so I'll see if it works.