is there such a thing?

Page 2 of 2

Jim wrote:

7 day timers are quite common and I'm very fond of the Diehl timers. I like their synchronous motor drive timers rather than the standard electromechanical timers that you may see everywhere. The mechanical timers will wear out but I haven't had a Diehl timer quit yet. You can setup a 7 day timer to charge the batteries for a short time once a week and I think you'll have no problems with the batteries. The Diehl timers have a motor drive but the power switching is handled by a relay rather than the standard type electromechanical timer in which the timer motor actuates spring loaded mechanical contacts. That's the part that wears out on the old style timers.
It's funny that distributer is named "Borg".
http://www.borggeneral.com/diehl-timer-series220-270.html
TDD
Something like this: http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct 6 Set to be on one hour a day. Won't kill the battery as fast as leaving it on 24/7.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What is the point, just charge before use. To determine if your charger overcharges or is a smart peak charger a use a volt meter to measure voltage and check the temperature of the pack. A Nicad 1.2v cell should stop charging at about 1.3-1.38 v per cell, then the charger should shut off if its voltage peak, Temp peak charging would be several degrees above room temp, if pack stays hot or continues to receive charge then its not a very good charger. My old B&D chargers were not good. Best is just charge before use there is not need to maintain 100% charge all the time, those that say leave in the charger like B&D just cook batteries slowly to death without very good peaking monitoring. My way of thinking is if the pack is hot its not good for the batteries.
One word...
Solartricklecharger
Compatible?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
ransley wrote:

I like that. It helps to charge a lead battery every month or so, but nickel batteries don't seem to deteriorate from sitting uncharged.
Part of the plate material can dry if a nickel battery sits for months, so it may not have much capacity on the next charge. Each recharge should help moisten the plates and improve performance.
Jim wrote:

Hi, There is such thing as intelligent charger.
Radio Shack $20 week long timer similar to others mentioned here. www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId932553#tabsetBasic
On 5/25/2010 10:33 AM, Jim wrote:

THANK YOU! Jim