Picture Light Sockets is there such a thing ?

I'm going to install some picture lights , and rather than just have a cable hanging out of the wall, I wandered if there was a small socket a bit like a clock socket that I could use which would be neat if no picture light was fitted.
Chris
snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk wrote:

Use a clock socket! Ideal for the job
Bob Minchin wrote:

Yep - 2A rating, drop it off the lighting permanant supply.
--
Tim Watts

The old 2A round pin plugs look nicer.
NT
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 06:45:09 -0700 (PDT), NT wrote:

2A? Wanders off to TLC site, my new thing for today. B-)
Just getting some 5A round pin sockets installed here for lighting circuits that will switched from the same plate as the normal room and wall lights. 2, 5 or 15A round pin still come on standard single gang plates though so not as asthetically pleasing as they could be.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Oct 20, 3:48pm, "Dave Liquorice"

The sockets arent, but the plugs often look nicer than the 5A ones. You can go modern or pick up old 40s machine age ones.
NT

2 amp three pin. Sockets are standard 1 gang - or you might find round ones designed for conduit box mounting.
--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

     snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk writes:

The Klik range of 6A lighting outlets include provision for this. There are lots of types, BESA box mounting, ceiling rose, standard and architrave patress. There's also a completely flush wall outlet which is designed to mate with a plug which is part of a wall mount light, such that the light fitting directly plugs into the socket, and is supported by it. One professional grade wall uplighter which I bought had provision for fitting this way, but unfortunately I didn't have time to order the Klik fittings before it had to be up and working, so I couldn't use the Kilk mounting.
--
Andrew Gabriel
snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk wrote:

Architrave back box and blanking plate?
eg
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AP119.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3825.html
--
Adam

On 20/10/2011 09:28, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk wrote:

Well there are 2A round pin socket designed for lighting etc. However they are not really small enough to conceal behind the mounting plate of a wall light. So you will still see them...
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Ultimate_Index/Ultimate_Switched_Sockets_Round/index.html
--
Cheers,

John.