Picture Light Sockets is there such a thing ?

I'm going to install some picture lights , and rather than just have a cable hanging out of the wall, I wandered if there was a small socket a bit like a clock socket that I could use which would be neat if no picture light was fitted.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

Use a clock socket! Ideal for the job

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yep - 2A rating, drop it off the lighting permanant supply.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The old 2A round pin plugs look nicer.

NT

Reply to
NT

2A? Wanders off to TLC site, my new thing for today. B-)

Just getting some 5A round pin sockets installed here for lighting circuits that will switched from the same plate as the normal room and wall lights. 2, 5 or 15A round pin still come on standard single gang plates though so not as asthetically pleasing as they could be.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

2 amp three pin. Sockets are standard 1 gang - or you might find round ones designed for conduit box mounting.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The sockets arent, but the plugs often look nicer than the 5A ones. You can go modern or pick up old 40s machine age ones.

NT

Reply to
NT

The Klik range of 6A lighting outlets include provision for this. There are lots of types, BESA box mounting, ceiling rose, standard and architrave patress. There's also a completely flush wall outlet which is designed to mate with a plug which is part of a wall mount light, such that the light fitting directly plugs into the socket, and is supported by it. One professional grade wall uplighter which I bought had provision for fitting this way, but unfortunately I didn't have time to order the Klik fittings before it had to be up and working, so I couldn't use the Kilk mounting.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Architrave back box and blanking plate?

eg

ARWadsworth

Well there are 2A round pin socket designed for lighting etc. However they are not really small enough to conceal behind the mounting plate of a wall light. So you will still see them...

John Rumm