is the air conditioner condensate safe?

Years ago, people put barrels under downspouts for washing purposes.
I see all that water coming out of my attic installed air conditioner hose, dumping into the gutter and subsequently out the downspout.
Is condensate the same thing as distilled? Would it be harmful to drink?
Can I bottle it, put a French name on it and sell it as a medicinal wonder drug?

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

wonder
UV
found
Well there goes another great money making idea. :-)))
thanks for the info. I sorta guessed it wasn't. Hope your finger heals clean.

The water initially is the same thing as distilled- pure water captured from water vapor in the air. The problem is with what happens to the water between the cooling coils and the drain pipe- yuck!

hose,

UV
found
Now come on CB, don't you like to drink that water that taste like coil cleaner??
LOL
-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>
( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail
Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!
Isn't Legionnaire's Disease caused by a bacteria that lives in A/C systems??

hose,

<snip>
I believe that was found in the evaporative cooling systems.
Harry K

systems??
Yup - it was discovered in cooling tower water that was untreated.
Jim