Is it entirely me, or does the cheap chainsaw share the blame?

When operating potentially dangerous equipment I always pay close attention to safety and to date have avoided any serious injuries despite many dangerous activities.

My favorite story was one Saturday when I was out in the middle of the woods, by myself, with no cell coverage, working with my chain saw and a large back hoe clearing a number of trees. At the same time a coworker of mine was in the office doing some network work.

At the end of the day, one of us was visiting the emergency room... Hint, it wasn't me :) He managed to put a knife through his hand while cutting inner duct for fiber optic cable, while I ended the day without a scratch... Ok, probably a few scratches from dragging all that brush around...

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

My favorite is the home remodeling show where they were remodeling the two daughter's room of a single blind dad.

The blind dad wanted to help, and wanted to use the small air nailer. The show's carpenter had reservations about it, and wouldn't allow it. Fast forward to the next day. Guess who had the big white bandage on his thumb? Yep. The blind guy had to finish the job for him. It was hilarious because the carpenter "didn't want to talk about it."

Steve

Reply to
SteveB