m Ransley wrote
The warning label from my copper" Rainbow Flame Crystals" "Warning
containg Copper Sulfate Avoid contact with eyes or skin , if swallowed
give milk or water and contact Physician. For eyes flush with water get
medical attention. Avoid inhalation of fumes and prolonged exposure"
Id be pissed. Id say he was justified, enjoying his vacation , You
Burning many products will harm you, CCA treated wood can permanantly
poison you with heavy metal. Copper is a poison, Copper sulfate is
dangerous in powder and likely burnt, as metals will not burn up
completely at low campfire temps, mearly they are airborn.
You are an ass hole camper, camping is to be fun and enjoy the
outdoors, not having people pollute through noise, abuse or pollution.
Whether or not your product afected him he was inteligent to be worried.
So he was happy and drunk and a nice guy, and you ruined his vacation. I
hope you are proud you moron. You are lucky he wasnt a murderer, he
would have had a defence.
I agree. We are only hearing one side of the story and it may be
that there were 2 drunks involved in the incident.
Anybody downwind or nearby has the right to inquire when he
observes some moron dumping "chemicals" on a bondfire. I use
the word "moron" because the original poster is asking about the
safety of his act AFTER he has done it. Then he rants about the
Copper chloride is one of the most commonly used chemicals for
producing vivid blue colors in pyrotechnics. This is generally regarded
as safe, although it should be pointed out that quantities are often
very small and/or the comps are ignited far from spectators and often
high in the air. Dangers associated with breathing non-trivial amounts
of copper compounds include metal fume fever, nasal ulcers, and
The important point is not the dangers of the copper salts on the fire,
but the attitude of the original poster who feels that he can perform
the act without thinking, and then throw down the gauntlet when
somebody questions his actions.