Ionic Breeze Compact model - no restart after power outage...

I sent this on the 28th, but don't see it... looks like my ISP died (again) ... so here goes again. =======================

I really like this thing, and it's great for my elderly mother's apartment. However, we've had several thunderstorms in the are lately, and EVERY time, afterwards, the next time I visit mom (she lives in an assisted living facility) it's just sitting there in the "off" mode. Turns out that you have to push the botton on top to tell it which "mode" you want (lo, med, hi) before it will start after a power outage. I wrote sharper image, and they just confirmed the operation, and advised me to go up to "professional" model which has an actual 3 position switch (not a push button that selects the modes the more times you push it.) Anyway, I don't want a pro model - it'll set me back another $150 to upgrade. So was wondering if anyone knows how to "hotwire" this model to make it always come on in the "hi" mode, and not need the infernal push of the button to get it going. I only get to visit Mom every couple of days, and if it's been sitting there for those couple of days in the off mode, it's behind... and it takes a couple of days to "catch up". So - anybody know how to do this? I wouldn't care if it ONLY had "high" mode - as long as it comes up working after power outage. And, yes, I can solder - and don't mind doing it.

Reply to
Steve Henderson

We saw it. Lots of responses. All were silly except mine.

Use Google Groups to discover them.

Reply to
JerryMouse

You got at least seven responses, including two from Jerry ( two silly ones :-) )

Don't expect people to e-mail the responses to you, you need to come back to Supernews and read them.

CC: email

Reply to
Joseph Meehan